Application ChecklistA complete application consists of the following items:
1. Application Cover Sheet
- Compete the cover sheet online at: https://securegrants.neh.gov/education/participants/
- Follow the prompts to the Confirmation Screen.
- On the confirmation screen, review your application and click the "Submit" button to print a copy for your Application.
- Click the "Print cover sheet" button and add this cover sheet to your application package file. In the print dialogue box select Print as PDF or print a copy of this file and scan as a PDF. Then click “submit.”
- You will be asked if you want to fill out a cover sheet for a second project. If you do, repeat the process.
- Do not use the same cover sheet for different projects.
Please include the following required materials in a single PDF file with your last name in the title (ie. john-doe.pdf):
- the NEH Application Cover Sheet
- a résumé or curriculum vitae (not to exceed five pages)
- two professional references (include the name, title, phone number, and e-mail)
- an application essay (not to exceed four double-spaced pages)
It should address your interest in the subject to be studied; qualifications and experiences that equip you to do the work of the seminar or institute and to make a contribution to the learning community; a statement of what you want to accomplish by participating; and, if appropriate, description of an independent project and its relation to your professional responsibilities.